Monday, February 27, 2017

Aldi Haul, 1 month under $100 for 2!

So if you haven't shopped at Aldi, do it now!  It's an amazing store, but you just need to give it a chance.

It is a budget grocery store, so it doesn't have the bells and whistles, but I'll get a post together with what you need to know when you shop at Aldi.  You can also watch my video here.

Now I was able to get enough food for a month for under $100 for 2 people. We do go out to eat once a week and have a leftover night, so this gives 5 dinners a week.  I did already have some ingredients at home, but if you're shopping sale meats, you should have some too.

One of the keys to these meals is cooking lager quantities and having leftovers for lunch and maybe even dinner the next night.  I'll make double quantities and freeze half for a couple weeks in the future.

Here are all the dinners I can get from this (each meal also has at least 1 serving for lunch):
Spaghetti and Meatballs: 2
Spaghetti Pie: 2
One Pot Pasta Dump: 2
One Pot Greek Pasta:2
Meatloaf: 2
Bean, Cheese, and Rice Burritos: 2*
Beef Stroganoff: 1
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup: 1
Chili: 4*
Pizza: 1
Meatball Subs:1
Hot Dogs: 1
Hamburgers: 1
Breakfast For Dinner: 2 (no leftovers)
Beef Taco Soup: 2*

*These meals I made a big batch and freeze in individual portions. They are easy to defrost and take for many lunches throughout the month.

Lunches: Leftovers, pizza, sandwiches, hot dogs, quesadillas, etc.

Breakfast:  I actually did a whole post on the breakfasts, that I will be linking shortly.  Lots of goodies including oatmeal, chorizo and eggs, waffles, pancakes, hash, and muffins.

I hope you enjoyed this post and are ready to give Aldi a change!  Let me know some of your shopping wins!

XOXO,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment